Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Day 3: Shi Mansion







May 3:
11:09 am, just leaving Shi Mansion- not a "normal" tourist attraction but was still set up for tourists. Many wanted pictures with us, especially Chaz and anyone with African decent. There was even a time when Baily and Nevena were shoved out of the picture because, well we assume because they were not black like Amanda, Milah and Lakia. There was a man who followed us for quite a bit, I spotted him and pointed it out. The pictures we took had him in the background a lot, it was comical but sad at the same time. I didn't find it as funny as some. A lot of people assume no one can understand us, which is often true, but I don't like to talk loud about people.
The architecture is beautiful, old school, detailed. Many venders
outside the mansion in the market area. It is hard for me to say no to anyone asking for money but I don't have money for everyone, even myself.
The architecture is beautiful, old school, detailed. Media/film family. Wealthy. Water jugs in courtyards to put our fires from jealous arsons.
Many venders outside the mansion in the market area. It is hard for me to say no to anyone asking for money but I don't have money for everyone, even myself.
Our group screams attention-getting Americans but a lot of it has to do with our personalities. We are a group of artists mostly: theater, artists, singers and dancers. I wish we were not so loud a lot of times but it is what it is. Sometimes it is better when we divide into smaller groups. It is hard to keep 14 people quite all of the time, especially when a lot is new and exciting or different. What I cannot stand the most is sounding spoiled or appearing spoiled, which happens to us sometimes, or sometimes we sound whiny. Just irritates me slightly. Larry said that we will go through a step process of groups...eventually get into fights, or "have a storm," but we deny it. We said we love each other too much...but there are times I can see how maybe, maybe, something might happen.

No comments: